“To be recognised as a caring and trusted nuclear and radiation safety Regulator.”
“To provide and maintain an effective national regulatory framework through innovation in the protection of persons, property and the environment against radiation damage.”
The NNR subscribes to six key values. Each of the value descriptors are as follows:.
- Excellence: Delivering outstanding quality of work, efficiently, effectively and innovatively.
- Integrity: Acting in a non-biased, fair, objective, consistent, honest, reliable, principled way.
- Openness and Transparency: Openness and transparency in the regulatory decision-making process and the communication of regulatory decisions.
- Safety and Security: Upholding a culture of safety and security within the organisation, with holders of nuclear authorisations and in our interactions with all other stakeholders.
- Teamwork: Being a cohesive team that works collaboratively to realise common goals to deliver exceptional results.
- Caring: Recognising and appreciating our people by valuing their inputs, showing empathy and creating a conducive and supportive working environment.